Monday, April 12, 2010

Iron Man kicks it into high gear

I know I've been blogging mostly about "Iron Man 2," but there is honestly just that much to commend Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures for. For instance, they have slowly been building the excitement around the movie through different television spots and revamping their entire Web site dedicated to "Iron Man 2." They've even set up two viral marketing Web sites I've mentioned in earlier posts.

I am writing this post because Marvel has just released a new trailer. You might think, "big deal, they all show the same scenes anyway," but this time, they've made this one interactive. Yes, that's right, as the trailer plays, it hits check points that you can refer back to after you've watched the preview--and you'll want to do that too.

Each of the checkpoints dive into a mini gallery of the character in that snippet, and it also pulls up a biography on whomever you might have clicked on. Just check it out for yourselves.

At the same time, Marvel has also released their first joint commercial with business sponsor Dr Pepper. From now through September, Dr Pepper cans will don Iron Man's front profile as part of a well integrated public relations/marketing strategy. I think this will bode very well for the Iron Man franchise because this means that publicity efforts will stretch far past the movie's release date, keeping Iron Man in everyone's brain for much longer than just the first two weeks in theaters.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, here is the commercial.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alden,

    I can tell from reading all your blog entries that you're super psyched on "Iron Man 2." I guess it's safe to say that there was a bias in the movies we presented on in class. You didn't even give "The Wolfman" a chance haha. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

    P.S. Don't forget to correct your AP style errors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah chiming in on what Dalia said, check the errors and I don't know where I can watch the commercial. Maybe I missed something.

    Paramount and Marvel keep surprising me with all this cool promotional campaigns. I think it's cool they made an "interactive" commercial!! That's pretty sweet.

    Like I said on Bo's blog, I think Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures are emerging as the best film production and distribution companies Hollywood has to offer.

    If directors want to promote their films right, they should submit their projects to these awesome companies!

    They have some smart and creative people on their round tables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dalia. Right, I think there was a bias in "Wolfman" and "Iron Man 2." We became fans of "Iron Man 2." But, isn't it true that their promotional tools have been so great and have a lot of lesson to learn right?

    "Iron Man 2" really knew pr tatics to include all kinds of people such as parents, old people, or children all over the world.

    ReplyDelete