Monday, March 8, 2010

Iron Man goes viral

I am really excited to see "Iron Man 2" when it comes out in May, but until then, fans get to find entertainment in Marvel's public relation tactics.

Marvel launched www.starkindustriesnow.com in the summer, but I just recently came across it and decided to check it out. The Web site has a really simplistic, straight-froward design in the classic Tony Stark manner. As of right now, Stark Industries is accepting job applications online. If you click the "Join Stark Industries" tab, you'll find areas of information to fill in along with entertainingly complicated questions on physics that sound as if Stark's character were asking you himself.

This is actually one of the more fun and amusing public relations strategies I have come across. Personally, I don't think any movie Marvel makes needs much hype to begin with, but you can check this out and wait to see if you are Stark Industries material. I'm still waiting on a response myself, but I have a nagging gut feeling I just may not make the cut.

There are still two months until the movie's theatrical release, and it will be interesting to see what else Marvel decides to post onto this new Web site. I guess we'll just have to keep our eyes open to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment